I hope that your week is off to a fantastic start--the weather has been totally insane here. And by insane, I mean that there is consistent precipitation and I don't know what to do with that.
Anyway, I visited my local Barnes & Noble this evening to pick up a book I've been wanting to read, and decided that now's as good a time as any to share with you my (current) summer reading list
So, here we go. Below is the list of books I've got going on currently. A couple are for homework (shoutout to my girl, Donalyn), many I'm re-reading, and the other's I'm super excited about getting into for the first time:
- Teaching the iGeneration, Ferriter & Garry (homework, obvs.)
- Reading in the Wild, Donalyn Miller
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anthony Doerr
- On Writing, Stephen King
- Yes, Please, Amy Poehler
- World Peace and Other 4th-Grade Achievements, John Hunter
- The Heir, Kiera Cass (not pictured because I forgot it in my classroom today.)
- The Screwtape Letters, C.S. Lewis
- Love Does, Bob Goff
- East of Eden, John Steinbeck
- The Art of Work, Jeff Goins
There you have it! Not exhaustive, but I'm pumped about having an abundance of time to read!
And before I leave you thinking I could stack up books on my dining room table in peace, I give you the real look at how that went down in a series I'll call, Why Aren't You Paying Attention to Me?: